[CAUT] False Beats and George Winston

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 17 07:54:45 MST 2007

    Have you seen him come in and use the piano at midnight?  In an opera
house in N. Michigan this took place and when the caretaker asked him if he
was practicing for the concert, he said, "Oh no, I'm composing.  I seldom
get to play pianos as nice as this (a good S&S M) so this is when I do my
best work."  I asked him later what kind of piano he had at home and he
replied, "An old, tired upright."  Who knew?
    Mike Kurta