[CAUT] False Beats and George Winston

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 12:36:28 MST 2007

I knew..because I used to service it for him when he and I both lived
in the same part of L. A. He has a special place in his heart for that
old upright. As his statue has grown, he has become more aware of what
a concert piano can be. However, given what he has at home, he has
clearly joined the ranks of that most curious category, those who have
nothing to brag about to practice on at home (and that's being
charitable), and yet still have a heightened sensitivity to the
inconsistencies and other shortcomings of instruments many times the
better or their own. Go figure. Anyone else know of other accomplished
performers who fit this description?

 Alan Eder