[CAUT] False Beats and George Winston

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 18 12:03:11 MST 2007

I'm having a lot of success with tapping bridge pins with a nail set and small hammer.   This morning on a CFIII with one particular string in the high treble, tapping the bridge pin did not help the situation.   Lifting the string at the capo help clean it up though...I lifted all 3 strings.

Seeing as it is Sunday, I will now testify that I rarely seat strings at the bridge anymore...The gospel according to Ron has slowly seeped in...and tapping bridge pins or CA works without damaging the bridge cap.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044