[CAUT] hammer softener

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 23 10:29:24 MST 2007

Paul-

Try rubbing alcohol. It is about 30% water and has little or no additives. Put it in a spray bottle from the drug store cosmetics department and spritz the hammer surface.  The alcohol helps the water to enter the hammer and evaporates quickly.  The result is similar to steaming without the shoulder distortion that steam produces.  Follow lightly with a brass brush.

Ed Sutton