[CAUT] add capstans to tray?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Mar 24 05:13:56 MST 2007

RIc,
That still does not make sense to me. Damper lift is timed
by fixing the top flange to the wire at a certain point.

The capstans have no impact on key timing only tray lift since the
damper is lifted by the key at the front of the underlever.

The capstans are adjusted for the tray to lift the set evenly.
It makes no difference if the capstans are on the underlever or tray.
I prefer the capstans to be on the tray so that a tight capstan will not
stress the flange center.
--

Regards,

Jon Page