[CAUT] Capstans to Tray

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Mar 24 11:27:37 MST 2007

I think I understand the confusion.  While the capstans are used to set the
lever height, they do not themselves have anything to do with damper timing
with respect to key lift.  It seems like a lot of extra work.  Just use the
Spurlock damper ht jig (or something similar) for setting the levers and
then adjust the capstans for the tray lift.  Eliminates a lot of useless
procedures.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com