[CAUT] Capstans to Tray

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Mar 24 18:10:10 MST 2007

Hi Fred..

Yes. Getting the levers at even height is the immediate goal here (what
you refer to below).  That and making sure this height yields proper key
lift timing.  We used their aluminum straight edge tool for key leveling
on the underside of the levers to get a straight line, adjusting
capstans as necessary. But whatever gets you there...  BTW the Spurlock
bean bag idea looks kinda interesting... has anyone tried one of these ?

Cheers
RicB

     But I think I now see that what you do is set samples (only tightening
    those wires, the others all being loose), then raise the lift tray
    to meet
    the samples (and block it in place), then adjust all the other capstans,
    which are resting on the lift tray, so that the bottoms of the
    underlevers
    are in line with the straightedge (the capstans are raising - or
    lowering -
    their respective levers to be in line, with the lift tray as the
    "gauge" or
    base, and the samples as the reference). Now you tighten all the other
    wires, and proceed with standard twisting, tweaking and whatnot.