[CAUT] hammer softener

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Thu Mar 29 08:25:13 MST 2007

Hi-

One thing I noticed about the softener with my applications is that the
results do not seem to last as long as expected and they gradually start
getting brighter again.  In one early case I thought I ruined some Abel
hammers on a seldom used Baldwin D by accidentally over applying the
stuff.  Fortunately, those hammers seem like they are going to be ok
now, and other applications where I was very pleased with the immediate
results seem to have regained much of that brightness fairly quickly.
I'm sure I will continue using the stuff, but it's not in my small tool
bag anymore.  I hope you and others will keep us posted of your findings
with this- or other newer products.

thanks,

d.