[CAUT] Agraffes and dampers

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue May 15 10:00:16 MDT 2007

Porritt, David wrote:
> Paul:
>
> Get Alan Eder’s video of how to prepare a piano. It’s good,
> comprehensive and should be in every university’s library.  We have a
> resident ensemble that only does contemporary music and naturally they
> prepare pianos a lot.  I’ve never had any real damage in the 21 years
> I’ve been here.  This can be done carefully, without damage and expands
> the range of piano music.  When we disparage this it makes us sound like
> fuddy-duddies who are out of touch with life in the 21^st century.
>
> David M. Porritt

To me, communication is the key. The piano faculty are aware, and agree,
that any anticipated preps must be run by me first. I have a supply of
non-injurious materials (brass screws, etc.) which they can use, as well
as a "designated" prep piano. (old Baldwin C)

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.