[CAUT] Fiberboard

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Wed May 16 15:35:32 MDT 2007

I have the 1/32" fiberboard, from Steinway. Well worth just ordering
a sheet. Kent Webb mentioned here in Seattle last fall that the
factory has 3 thicknesses available. This seems to agree with my
observations in the pianos. The stuff in the understring felt is
usually 2 or 3 times the thickness of this material. So I want some.

"Fish paper" (thinner), or vulcanized fibre (thicker), looks like
what this actually is. Thanks for the moniker. Now I can track some
down, hopefully in town...

Doug