[CAUT] Voicing method/analogy

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed May 30 16:24:06 MDT 2007

It's not that hard to collect that data, it's hard to assign it to taste in
tonal preference.  Voicing also confuses the issue.  Tone is just much more
complicated than touchweight dynamics.

I think Steinway remains popular because they are still coasting on their
early iterations when they did a much better job of matching string scale,
soundboard design and hammer weight and density: i.e. low tension, lightly
ribbed and thinned panels and light and soft hammers.  Their current
productions don't much resemble those from the 1920's.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com