[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Nov 1 16:20:17 MST 2007

    " if having a degree really makes a  difference, we should be seeing
    a noticeable difference in  performance of our craft. "

Two points here...

Number one who has shown one way or the other whether there is any truth
to this statement.
Number two... if one attempted to show this one way or the other... are
you going to adequately create an "all else things being equal"
situation to fairly test the claim ?

Strikes me that if you have two techs with equal abilities and talents
and development in all ways but one has a far better understanding and
grasp of the pianists <<reality>> then the other... the guy with this
understanding is without question going to be able to be more
effective.  In fact I really fail to see how anyone can question this.

Cheers
RicB