[CAUT] CA glue bottles

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 15:14:02 MST 2007

On 11/2/07, Keith Roberts <keithspiano at gmail.com> wrote:

> I go to a hobby shop that specializes in minature race cars. The one I use
> is Pro-Fusion thin CA from Performance Devices. 2oz cost $6. It has a needle
> in the cap so it's always clear and the tip is long and thin enough to get
> between most tuning pins. Most of my leakage comes from the tops. This one
> is great.
> Keith Roberts
>

>  On 11/2/07, maxpiano <maxpiano at sc.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Has anyone ever had a problem with CA glue bottles breaking up?
> >
> > All the CA I have ever bought was in plastic bottles molded apparently
> > in one piece.  When the supplier who introduced me to CA at a regional
> > conference came out with a 4-oz. bottle of the thin CA, I purchased it and
> > for many months was very happy to have the extra quantity without having to
> > reorder.  Happy that is, until the container separated at the (previously
> > invisible) seams and glued everything together on that end of my glue tote
> > tray.
> >
> > His phone answerer said they had never had that trouble, and that he
> > would call me back.  It's been well over a month but no call.  He has not
> > answered my email.
> >
> > I am now using a different brand from Pianotek.
> >
> > Bill Maxim, RPT

I've always bought mine at the hobby shop, locally, he has it in 4 different
viscosity's and in 1 oz. and 2 oz. bottles. I only use those for the times
I'm going to treat a pinblock with CA.

For carrying with me for everyday purposes, I get a Loctite Superglue Gel
Control product that comes in a gray and blue bottle .14oz but considering
for most uses you would only need a drop or 2 it lasts a long time. It is
very controllable it has a squeeze feature on the sides that produces one
drop at a time. The bottle is very sturdy and I have no fear of carrying it
in my tool bag.
The best part is, it's less than $3 at Walmart, I think it was 2.87, I
bought 3, one for the shop, one for my tool bag and one for the "repair
drawer" in the house.

I have had the balance of a 2oz. bottle of the hobby shop CA harden in the
bottle after opening it even though I recapped it almost immediately once
air gets in with any humidity it begins to harden little by little and I
don't use CA all that often.
Mike
--
The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com