[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Nov 6 10:01:44 MST 2007

Hi Les,

I never thought my kids would scream for a "Teenage Mutant Ninja
Turtles"... Maybe that's a bogus comparison, but I think we will create
our own need in the marketplace. Status quo will rule, until it
doesn't...

As administrators begin to see this "credential" pop up in job searches
I can't help but think they would want to know if the candidate holding
the credential has an edge over one w/o it. If there is an effective
website where they can go to see details it may turn them towards said
candidate. After more and more exposure to this "credential" from CAUTs
administrators may desire that their CAUT obtain the "credential". And
whether anyone takes notice at all may not even matter if it helps us
become better techs.

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU