[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Nov 9 04:30:12 MST 2007

Ron Nossaman wrote:

>> Sorry, Jeff, no matter how you slice it, music cannot be learned on
>> your own, out of book, without guidance.
>>
>> Wim
>
> Then where did it come from originally?
> Ron N

Some say it comes from God.  Talent is talent, however received.
Training/exposure develops that talent. The Peter Principle defines how
far that talent will take you towards any particular endeavor.

The law of diminishing returns also applies where the talent absorbs all
  the training it can until saturation. Genius will take all available
and then go beyond all previous knowledge. Some of us hit that wall much
sooner than others.;-[

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
- Casey Stengel