[CAUT] Piano warranty

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Nov 10 19:05:53 MST 2007

Yep... seen it here in Bergen.  I believe the fellow had to retract the
statement from his guarantee card because basically it was illegal.
I'll have to have a look at the thing the fellow is distributing with
his pianos now the next time I run into one of his new instruments.

I wouldnt worry about it much.  Folks who proceed like this are most
always the sort who are very clever at finding all kinds of inventive
ways of shooting themselves in the foot.  :)

You can easily challenge the thing tho if you want.  Actually... in the
States... I wouldnt be surprised if you could sue his butt for some kind
of class action inferred liable... :)

Cheers
RicB

    Ever heard of a dealer claiming the piano warranty is void if a
    technician other than their store technician works on a piano they
    sold?  Seems like a a tactic to make sure the store's technicians are
    kept busy.

    Tim Coates