[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Nov 12 00:46:14 MST 2007

    I didn't say learn from my own mistakes. I said the first person,
    learned from his own mistakes. Then he instructed people, so they
    wouldn't make the same mistakes he did. Not meaning any particular
    person. Just that in the beginning, there were no instructors.

And that is exactly what I replied to John.  The educational system
evolved to no small degree exactly because of folks wanting to pass on
what they had learned.  If we do not then intend to show any respect at
all for what has been learned before then where does that leave us ?
And that is exactly where the bottom line of all these sorties leveled
at the education system in reality points to.

And just to be clear... we have to go quite far back into human history
indeed to find a time where the <<instructor>> did not exist in some or
another form quite comparable with todays instructor.

Cheers
RicB