[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Nov 12 17:48:14 MST 2007

I did read that.  I think, however, that those constraints are not always
apparent and in certain situations you might be setting yourself up for a
misjudgment of your abilities.  Often, the faculty in such an institution
doesn't even understand the constraints.  I don't think I'd want to go that
route.  I can think of several situations institutional and otherwise where
I wouldn't want to rely on those judging my work to glean the constraints
under which I was operating.  Overall, if a certificate program were to be
instituted, I think a judgment made on more neutral ground via completion of
a class or program or testing, perhaps, would reduce the chances of that
type of misjudgment.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com