[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Nov 13 07:18:26 MST 2007

>Bottom line for Universities is that they will pay
>more only if they feel they are getting enough return.

I see that I missed a perfectly good opportunity
to stay out of this discussion but where some positions
don't even require RPT status what good are merit badges?

Raise the bar on RPT for your desired recognition. In this
association, RPT should be reclassified to Apprentice status
and after the 'tests' a Journeyman, with Craftsman as the
next step to Master Craftsman. (bring back Allied Tradesman).
If the term RPT had real teeth to it there wouldn't be a need to
even have this discussion.

It doesn't matter how many clinics or seminars you attend,
if there is no budget for salary increase those certificates are
simply wallpaper.  If the organizations thought your services
were worth more, they'd offer more. But then if no one would
accept the positions, a larger salary would be put on the table.
Supply and demand economics.

Any job opportunity has some sort of coping skills attached.
Time management and schmoozing are not marketable items
for a labor-oriented trade.

Speaking of time management...
I better pound some bridge pins in...
--