[CAUT] breaking strings

Karen Lindsley 36keys at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:30:04 MST 2007

Sorry for the confusion; you are right that the strings are not breaking at
the becket but at the bottom of the coil.  I will check the speaking length
next time I go to visit the piano and compare with a more modern piano.
Once again, thanks for your input.  It is really nice to be able to post a
question and get so many answers back.
Karen