[CAUT] stage dolly replacement wheels

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 08:43:17 MST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 4:06 PM, Ken Zahringer <ZahringerK at missouri.edu> wrote:
> Affiliated Caster & Wheel, Inc in Denver, CO, is a Colson distributor.  More
> different casters, wheels, etc than I thought existed in the world.  Phone
> 303-221-1260.  I had to go to them a couple of years ago to find wheels
> with a high enough load rating to handle our Bosendorfer.
>
> Regards,
> Ken Z.
>

> On 11/13/07 2:09 PM, "Thomas Russell" <trussellpiano at isunet.net> wrote:
>

> Does anyone have recommendations on a place to order replacement wheels for
> the stage dolly on a Steinway D?  Locking wheels have been requested.
>

> Thomas Russell
>

> --
> Ken Zahringer, RPT
> University of Missouri
> School of Music

Hi Ken,

If you can't find what you need at those sites try MSC Industrial
Supply heres the link

http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm.

I had a stage dolly under a grand in one of the schools I work for
that was very old, the wheels/w plates had been welded on to it and it
had no discernable brand name on it. All I had to go by was weight,
wheel diameter, plate size and I chose wheel composition. I have the
catalog from this company which weighs easily 10 pounds and serves
well as a doorstop, it has 90 pages of wheels. I got myself so
confused I ended up calling them for help which they graciously gave
me. They found wheels, 400lb weight, 4", right size plate, with a
brake for $11 apiece and I had them 36 hours later. The grand was a 6
foot Yamaha and the dolly had 4" wheels originally so I would have
been happy with 350 weight.

I understand they now supply their catalog on dvd. <grin>

Mike

--
Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking
both directions anyway.
email mike at ifixpianos.com