[CAUT] Hygrometers

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 15 16:32:40 MST 2007

> Hi List,
>
> I have a couple of those cheap  max-min thermo-hygro readers from
> Pianotek.  I'm not sure if they're very accurate.  If you all remember,
> last fall/winter I sent in some photos of one of our recital rooms that
> Richard West took before I got here with the fog and water dripping all
> over everything.  It hasn't been that bad since I've been here, but the
> last couple of times I've gone in there this past week, it feels really
> muggy, but the hygrometer only registers 40-45% (which would be ideal).
>  Any suggestions on who makes a real accurate reader?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul T. Williams RPT
> UNL

http://www.lacrosse-psmall.com/lacrtx7u.html

I've come by one of these recently, and have been playing with
it for the last month or so. It's intended as a remote
transmitter for a central weather station, but works fine
without the receiver. It seems to be pretty accurate, though I
can't verify the extremes of it's range, even though the
listed specifications are on the high side of optimistic. It's
an "always on" thing, and on the large side, but the price is
right.

FWIW.
Ron N