[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Thu Nov 15 16:58:12 MST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 11:47 PM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> Another question, how many CAUT's work outside of the university in
> addition to their positions?

As often as the wife can keep me booked.  Ideally, at least one job M-
F, with out of town jobs or churches with multiple pianos on as many
Saturdays as we can keep booked.  M-F isn't always easy, with trying
to make kids ball games, etc.  We grossed about $21K outside last
year and still struggled to meet basic expenses for a family of 5.

> Just out of curiosity, how many of you CAUT's took on a college/
> university position when you were beginning, green, but had some
> skills?

I felt green when I started, but within a few weeks felt pretty
confident.  But most of my training was as a CAUT assistant, so I had
some good background.

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina