[CAUT] sos. woes

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 16:58:23 MST 2007

Greetings,
     Ok, this ain't working. Maybe someone else has found the easy way around
this problem.
      1917 Steinway M, complete action restoration, went just fine until I
replaced the underlever assembly with a factory replacement.  There is not
enough room for the sostenuto rod between the backchecks and the damper tabs.  I
have even moved the entire underlever assembly distal about as far as it would
go and it still is interfering.
   I am wondering if replacing the sos. rod with a late model rod will help?
The original is one of the "cast" looking rods, and it appears to be larger
than the modern ones.  Anybody run into this and found a way through it?
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com</HTML>