[CAUT] Downbearing Error

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Nov 19 20:53:28 MST 2007

Hi Wim

Perhaps. I had just thought that I'd end up having to pay a lot of
attention to each individual unison since the bridge is already
notched.  If I end up having to do whole sections at a time.... I think
I might as well just bite it and string down the whole thing and be done
with it. I suppose I will use a couple days ponderment with good input
to decide what to do.

Cheers and Thanks

RicB

    Ric

    If the only solution is to recap the bridge with the plate still in,
    instead of doing 5 notes at a time, wouldn't it be much easier, and
    get the bridge to be more even, if you removed all the strings in an
    section, shave down the bridge, etc, and restring just that section?

    Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT