[CAUT] Paypal

Steve Fujan sjfujan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 16:50:39 MDT 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please straighten me out if I've missed something, but this looks like an
iTunes problem, not Paypal.  Here's a quote from the referenced site:
"Due to some lax security policies that Apple has thankfully since updated,
someone was able to use my birth date to obtain my iTunes password, and get
into my account. They then managed to use that information to give
themselves a nice little gift of $450 worth of iTunes gift cards… courtesy
of my PayPal account."

Apple got paid for the gift cards.  It was their security problem.  Why
would PayPal pay for this?

Shouldn't we be bashing Apple instead of PayPal?

Have I missed something?

Steve Fujan