[CAUT] Paypal

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Aug 1 18:03:33 MDT 2008

Steve, as I see it, the problem is this:

Someone hacked Avery's iTunes password, but to
pay for it with Paypal, they'd have had to
somehow hack into his Paypal account as well.
When I go to pay for something with Paypal, I
have to sign in and use my password. If somebody
got into Avery's Paypal account without his
password, this is Paypal's problem. Unless, of
course, Avery's iTunes password and his Paypal
password were the same -- never a good idea.

Susan

At 03:50 PM 8/1/2008, you wrote:
>"Due to some lax security policies that Apple
>has thankfully since updated, someone was able
>to use my birth date to obtain my iTunes
>password, and get into my account. They then
>managed to use that information to give
>themselves a nice little gift of $450 worth of
>iTunes gift cards
 courtesy of my PayPal account."