[CAUT] Position Announcement, SIU, Carbondale, IL

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 12:14:03 MDT 2008

Jeff writes:

<< But with these college jobs, we only have to look in the mirror.  We're

accepting these salaries, and we've got to realize that as long as someone

else is willing to work for peanuts across the country, that is what is

affecting everyone else's salary.  It won't change until we see that that is

what the process is and stand up together to it, against it, whatever it

takes. >>

     Umm, there is no "we" involved here. There is a market for labor, and
there is a supply, that is where the determination of pay is decided, i.e.,
there are very few people capable of being CEO's of international corporations and
those jobs pay what they must due to this scarcity.
     Actually, to "stand up together to it, against it, whatever it takes" is
criminal activity.  When "we" band together, and suggest what everyone should
charge, or even that everybody should charge more, "we" are guilty of a
federal crime, (price fixing, restraint of trade, and/or collusion).  Help
yourself, but leave me out of it.
   The market will determine the value, and if the field gets crowded, the
pay will go down.  That is simple market economics.  To suggest we organize any
activity to force the employers to pay more is a crime.  I do suggest caution.

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits
in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007 )</HTML>