[CAUT] Position Announcement, SIU, Carbondale, IL

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 14:55:52 MDT 2008

I wrote:
<<     "Actually, to "stand up together to it, against it, whatever it

    takes" is criminal activity.  When "we" band together, and suggest

    what everyone should charge, or even that everybody should charge

    more, "we" are guilty of a federal crime, (price fixing, restraint

    of trade, and/or collusion).  Help yourself, but leave me out of it."

Ric writes:

>>Heaven Help Us.  Essentially the above words claim that workers have no

rights anymore... and any attempt by workers to band together to look

after their common interests is a federal crime.  >>

        Yup, that is pretty close to the state of affairs.  In fact, it is
illegal for me to make an agreement with a fellow technician 30 miles away that
I will refer work to him in that area if he will do the same for me!  I know,
doctors and lawyers do this all the time, but they never write it down.

>> Just WHO is it what decides that the PEOPLE cant

decide to BAND TOGETHER to look after their common interests.  WHO is it

that will have such endeavour criminalized.  And worse WHO the heck

voted for these people ???

        The Federal Trade Commission, and the American people voted for all
of this!  I don't like it, but I have talked to a lawyer that specializes in
this area.  We can post our prices all day long, that is ok, however, if we
suggest to others what they should charge, we are over the line!

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits
in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007 )</HTML>