[CAUT] Position Announcement, SIU, Carbondale, IL (Fred Sturm)

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 14:05:33 MDT 2008

It is my strong opinion that we should refrain from giving legal
advice on the lists.

I have formally asked the Executive Committee if they might attempt to
acquire legal opinions with regard to the distinction under the law
between the independent "piano technician as business" and the "piano
technician as employee", and how those distinctions might affect the
activities of PTG.

I have received a response suggesting that they will follow up.

I honestly do not know what they will find. Meanwhile, it is OK to
simply wait until PTG has informed itself.

Kent Swafford