[CAUT] Position Announcement, SIU, Carbondale, IL

Ron Poire rpoire at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 16:37:40 MDT 2008

Hi Avery,
The School of Music had been running in the red for several years.
It finally came to a point, where the dean said that the School of Music would have to balance its budget.
They eliminated a total of four positions, mine included.  We had a property manager, who had a degree in stringed instrument repair.  His job also included tracking instrument inventory.  A receptionist and someone else is also gone.
Now, all of the instrument repair and piano repair work is contracted out.  At least, I get in on some of that.

Ron