[CAUT] Caut Positions

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:03:17 MDT 2008

Dear List

I have been working the last couple years in a part-time position at a
University for their dance department and rather like the experience. This
experience, and lurking in the background on this list, has led me to
seriously consider a possible larger (full time?) university job. I must
say, though, the threads that have been generated recently almost convinced
me that the satisfaction I have in what I am doing now would evaporate, and
I would do the music world a grave injustice if I were to pursue such a
course of action. With the last set of postings, it looks like a more
balanced perspective is shaping up. Are all things where they should be in
CAUT land? No. Will they ever be? No. But not all of us are phenomenal
entrepreneurs who can expect to ever make 6 digit figures in private
practice. Some of us are better suited for other work venues.

Thanks for the realism on both sides. It's what makes life's decisions
easier.

Rex Roseman