[CAUT] Position Announcement, 20 reasons why I like my job

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 20 08:24:33 MDT 2008

As long as they don't get caught, and nobody in the building is ever likely to bring it up, that is how they get away with it.  It can simply appear on the surface that it is a university sponsored community project.  Nobody is likely ever to investigate it.  But, it is technically illegal, just the same, and further, technically, it should be highly inappropriate for the hiring dean or department head to admit it is going on, much less encourage it or offer it.

Technically, that is.

But if it were to somehow be exposed and charges brought up, and it became a discouraged activity, you'd see an uproar from faculties about THEIR compensation and you'd have to see a sharp increase in music school budgets.

Or so it seems to me.

Tanner