[CAUT] Position Announcement, 20 reasons why I like my job

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Aug 20 06:40:59 MDT 2008

Well now, I see most faculty and many students teaching here on campus to
kids all the time. Hmmmmmm...How do they get away with that? This has
happened for many years. When I was in high school I had lessons with a
piano faculty at University of Oregon. This was in the 70's.  Has it gone
on so long that it is to be expected or "grandfathered" in?

pw

"Jeff Tanner" <tannertuner at bellsouth.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
08/19/2008 05:59 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

"College and University Technicians" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Position Announcement, 20 reasons why I like my job

Paul T Williams wrote:
My shop doesn't have capabilities to replace soundboards, bridges, or
refinishing, no outside projects allowed (so I'm told) in the shop.

Technically, if you are working at a state institution, using the
university shop to do outside work is a felony.  In most places, it is
illegal to use state resources for personal profit.

(and, yes, that should also include faculty teaching private lessons in
their state owned studios and students teaching in the practice rooms)

Tanner