[CAUT] Position Announcement, 20 reasons why I like my job

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 19 16:51:50 MDT 2008

  Paul T Williams wrote:
  My shop doesn't have capabilities to replace soundboards, bridges, or refinishing, no outside projects allowed (so I'm told) in the shop.

Technically, if you are working at a state institution, using the university shop to do outside work is a felony.  In most places, it is illegal to use state resources for personal profit.

(and, yes, that should also include faculty teaching private lessons in their state owned studios and students teaching in the practice rooms)

Tanner