[CAUT] CAUT position announcements, CAUT Academy

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 22 13:26:46 MDT 2008

Leslie Bartlett wrote:

  Just to be devil's adequate (some might wonder which of the words to accent), the organist at the church where I serve grew up playing a Lester Spinet.  She went on to do graduate work at Eastman.  A former organist grew up something worst than a Lester and also did fabulous work.  If a person wants music badly enough, they'll create it in their heads while making horrible sounds on totally inadequate POS's.
Just Perhapssssss...(in bold italics, if the font doesn't go through)...that is the very reason they are now organists.  And I say this with some exposure.  One of the most amazing organists I know chose the organ because he simply wasn't impressed with the pianos he was exposed to...

...at the age of 12.

Today, at 51, he insists that kids are more perceptive about music, and how the piano sounds and feels, than most adults.

And for those who do go on to master the piano despite their early practice PSOs, "just think where they could have been had they had a good instrument from the beginning...."

Jeff Tanner