[CAUT] Degrees in Piano Technology?

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 27 13:09:27 MDT 2008

Me thinks it would be difficult to structure a 4 year bachelors degree in piano technology that would fit in with the standardized credit system in use at universities.  Bachelor degrees are not typically designed for hands-on type study.  It seems like you would be too limited in hands on instruction time.

Me also thinks it is awkward enough to give thorough music instruction in the current system.

But there is nothing wrong with a vocational/technical school type certificate.  We just don't need a bachelor's degree for everything and everybody.

My thoughts,
Jeff Tanner