[CAUT] pitch raises in practice room row...

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 08:20:07 MST 2008

I got to thinking yesterday about pitch adjustments to a bunch of pianos in one day.
Has anyone tried an "assembly line" approach to doing a few at a time?  That is:

1 single pass each piano

I'm just wondering about stability and ease of tuning.

I did three yesterday on similar P22's.
Pitch-raised (25-30 cents for solo and ensemble practice) all three and then
started a second pass on #3.
I also "banged in" the piano with the dampers up on #2,#3 after the PR

When I finally got back to #1, it seemed to settle a little bit easier into tune,but that could just be wishfull thinking!

Ron Koval
Concordia U.