[CAUT] pitch raises in practice room row...

Ron Poire rpoire at comcast.net
Wed Feb 6 14:47:16 MST 2008

In order to do something, you would need several practice rooms free at once.
Otherwise, you would need to deal with moving students around to accomodate pitch correction and coming back to fine tune later.  When you leave a practice room, it is assumed you are done with the room, and the piano can go back into service.
Sounds like a great idea.  You are not imagining things.  A piano will settle a little after correction.  When I have two grands in a faculty office, I will correct both pianos, then go back to tune.  It is easier that way.

Ron Poire
formerly of the UMN school of Music