[CAUT] Tornado Damage at Union University

Ron Poire rpoire at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 10:47:59 MST 2008

That's Great Fred,  I wouldn't have thought of that.
I had an experience with a Hamilton upright action 60's vintage, which had
gotten sluggish.  As i remember, the music director of the church was antsy
to have the action back.  She hounded me to get it back and take some
shortcuts if necessary.  I went after the action with a hair dryer, and hgot
it too dry.  Fortunately, I didn't ruin any flange bushings, but I still had
to tighten flange screws, and reglue some loose jacks.

I wanted to let it dry naturally, after doing the 8/1 alcohol/water
treatment, which worked for freeing up the sluggish flanges.
Ron Poire