[CAUT] Humidity Question

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Tue Feb 12 14:34:58 MST 2008

On Feb 9, 2008, at 7:31 AM, Don wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Do a "dew point" calculation for the recital hall.
> Regards,
> Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.P.T.

Hi Don,
With a big southern country boy grin on my face and a big tummy full
of humility...

I'm a musician with a business degree who began studying piano
technology at a relatively young age.  I do understand the basics
that warmer air can hold more moisture and that by heating air the
relative humidity will go down and vice versa, and that it is more
complicated than that.  I looked at a web site with formulas for
calculating dew point, and it looks to be outside the basics for
business calculus I could actually work for a short time 20 years ago
and appears to involve calculations for saturation vapor pressure and
water vapor pressure among other things.  Do you have a simpler
formula? or do you actually understand all this?

http://www.natmus.dk/cons/tp/atmcalc/atmoclc1.htm

Tanner