[CAUT] Shank to Hammer weight spreadsheet

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 19:30:55 MST 2008

I do get the idea.  It seems to me it takes a lot more time, that's all.
You have to weigh the hammers and then the shanks separately and then play
around with trying to match them up.  In the end, some hammer mass
alteration will be required anyway for those that you can't match to get the
weight you want.  Doing it the way I suggest (and the way I do it) I rarely
have to alter more than about 1/3 of the hammers and often less to get a
smooth curve.  Just seems like a waste of time.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com