[CAUT] Shank to Hammer weight spreadsheet

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Mon Feb 18 20:17:25 MST 2008

That's very cool Tim. When I was studying playing the drums I had a very
good teacher who taught me to choose drum sticks by pitch. We listened to
the pitch by scratching the sticks next to our ears. I suspect this will
work for shanks as well. Later I had an ear training teacher who had us
identify the pitch of any solid object in the room. I used the scratching
method then too to great advantage. I really hope there is a direct
correlation between pitch and weight. OK I'll stop til after the
experiments. sorry folks.
Chris solliday