[CAUT] Shank to Hammer weight spreadsheet

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Wed Feb 20 07:08:23 MST 2008

[CAUT] Shank to Hammer weight spreadsheetMaybe I didn't splain myself too well, as I sort the shanks the second time they are usually well tapered by weight. Usually only a .1g difference from shank to shank. I'm not actually interested in only the least amount of work but rather the best result for voicing (why else are we doing anything??) and I think that a heavy shank with a lite hammer will produce a different sound than a lite shank with a lite hammer. So I match lite with lite and heavy with heavy with a smooth taper of both and feel this results in the best voicing foundation. I'm still working on the relationship of pitch to weight so I don't have hard data yet but....
Chris Solliday