[CAUT] Shank Pitch

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Feb 25 15:18:38 MST 2008

Hey there Alan.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Tho not getting any direct info
about the studies.... one does have to hold back a bit :) That said... I
agree... I think what Jim is referring to is a different matter then the
shank resonance thingy

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,

    I think what Jim is referring to here is a study that Chris and Rick
    Baldassin did regarding flange pinning and hammer tone (using a spectrum
    analyzer), not flange pinning and shank resonant frequency.

    Alan

    -- Alan McCoy, RPT
    Eastern Washington University
    amccoy at mail.ewu.edu