[CAUT] Schwander "balancier spring neutralizer"

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Mar 6 19:05:36 MST 2008

Ed,

You make one that works and I will buy it! Sure would be nice. (You hear that Jurgen?)

In the vertical position (i.e. on the rail) it seems like the weight of the wippen plus the clip would push the grams past my 15 gram Correx gauge. That's why I measure sideways. I'll experiment.

BTW, the clip I made is 35mm top to bottom. It seems to be a good size for this wippen. By sticking it in the loop on the wire that holds the cord, it stays put. The 95 degree angle at the top pushes the balancier towards the clip instead of letting it slip out. The longer wire at the bottom lets you snag the spring first then the top. When they were even I'd hit the top before I could snag the spring. And like I said, with this length you don't need to unhook to cord to get a measurement. The side is made just so you can hold it.

Now, on to someone smarter than me to make it better.

Regards,
Jim Busby