[CAUT] Inexpensive institutional piano benches

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Mar 7 05:13:19 MST 2008

Rob:

Don't!  We bought 7 of them a couple of years ago.  Next week during
spring break I'm going to round all of them up and put them in our
dumpster as they are all really dangerous at the moment.  They wobble
terribly when first set up and get worse quickly.  I'm really sorry we
got them.  Since then we've put 10 of the Jansen petite benches in our
grand piano practice rooms.  They work well, stay put (since each is
chained to the piano) and have proven to be trouble free.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu