[CAUT] Fwd: High School Music

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 18:10:49 MST 2008

Maybe this is why they don't teach music in high school
any more. Following are actual answers from students
on music tests...

- The principal singer of nineteenth century opera was
called pre-Madonna.

- Gregorian chant has no music, just singers singing
the same lines.

- Sherbet composed the Unfinished Symphony.

- All female parts were sung by castrati. We don't
know exactly what they sounded like because there
are no known descendants.

- Young scholars have expressed their rapture for
the Bronze Lullaby, the Taco Bell Cannon,
Beethoven's Erotica, Tchaikovsky Cracknutter
Suite, and Gershwin's Rap City in Blue.

- Music sung by two people at the same time is
called a duel; if they sing without music it is called
Acapulco.

- A virtuoso is a musician with real high morals.

- Contralto is a low sort of music that only ladies
sing.

- Probably the most marvelous fugue was the
one between the Hatfields and the McCoys.

- I know what a sextet is but I'd rather not say.

- Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a great many
musical compositions and had a large number
of children. In between he practiced on an old
spinster which he kept up in his attic.

- Rock Monanoff was a famous post-romantic
composer of piano concerti.