[CAUT] electronic tuning device preference?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 09:24:36 MST 2008

I think it really depends on your tuning style and your particular needs.  I
went from the SATIII to the VT100 back to the SATIII because I use more of a
hybrid style (electronic guides, ear refines) and I found simpler is better
for me (long battery life and lighter didn't hurt either).  The VT
definitely has all the bells and whistles, the RCT has the best pitch raise
function, all of them offer programmable HT's (though the VT has a ton of
them preprogrammed) and they are all about the same price.  None of them
allow totally deaf tuning-all of them will require occasional tweaking
somewhere in the scale.  There have been several lengthy discussions on this
topic on the list (PTG and perhaps CAUT) over the past several years and I
encourage you to search the archives.  But figure out how you want to use
it, what your tuning style is, and then decide which one best enhances how
you like to work.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com