[CAUT] Development in audio recording technology

wbps wbps at vermontel.net
Wed Mar 12 15:47:14 MST 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:17:24 -0600, Fred Sturm <fssturm at unm.edu> wrote:
> Hmm, do you think they can fix a bad unison? Maybe we don't have to be
> on call for those recording sessions any more <G>. Pretty amazing stuff.
> Regards,
> Fred Sturm
> University of New Mexico
> fssturm at unm.edu

A bad unison is could be treated as a note with vibrato: simply smooth out
the ripples in the wave envelope. This program would also seem to be able
to correct mismatched partials in the bass. Editing a beating partial tone
in in a single piano note would be note different than editing notes in a
chord. Just a matter of resolution.

I was thinking one could take recordings of the original Bill Evans Trio
(maybe, live at the Village Vanguard), edit in all kinds of Monkisms,
transfer it to 40 year old 1/4" audiotape, toss the the package over the
transom at  Mosaic Records. And then sit back and watch the show.

Bill Ballard, RPT
NH Chapter, PTG

"Go East, Young Man"  NEECSO'08